Aquarium keeping has become a popular way of stress relief in the hectic world we live in. It may take just one look at your favourite fish to calm you down and bring the balance you need to continue with your office work. This is why the trend of aquarium fish keeping attracts more and more fans worldwide who realize the benefits of the water therapy. Whether you already belong to the group of aquarium enthusiasts or you have always been interested in sea animals, your everyday life will change for the better once you start your own marina style aquarium. When choosing a new aquarium you will be amazed at how many different products are available to meet your needs and those of your little fish friends. Most people start with small aquariums that are easy to maintain , then upgrade to professional levels with more complicated filters, pumps and special lighting mechanisms. If you are not sure what to start with, or you would like to surprise your kids with an interesting gift, get the Marina Style 5 Aquarium Kit.
General Description about the Marina Style 5
The small aquarium is made of well designed clear glass, with a fully closed lid which prevents your fish from jumping out of its new home. When you want to clean the tank, just remove the hood. The filter is positioned outside and it works fine with several settings to choose from. Even after a year of constant use, the filtration system on the marina style aquarium still works well. The only complaint is that it sometimes vibrates loudly, but this can be fixed either by using some tape or as some owners suggest, by tapping it. It is amazing that this small aquarium comes with such a powerful filter though , as many similar products are sold with weak filtering systems . This marine style aquarium kit is a perfect starter kit, great for parents who want their children become responsible pet owners and it is also a wonderful present for people of all ages. Although it is small, your favourite goldfish will find the new home luxurious compared to the ordinary bowl. The aquarium comes with good accessories that are easy to handle and maintain thanks to the user manual with clear instructions that lead you smoothly through the set up process. To sum it up, this is what you get when you purchase the marina style aquarium kit:
- 5 gallon glass tank.
- Marina Slim S10 filter , plus the cartridges that you change to keep the water clean.
- Incandescent canopy – the lighting system in any aquarium is not for decoration only, it is meant to regulate the natural balance within the aquarium. Artificial light should be fixed above the tank and left on for about 11 to 13 hours which is the period of daylight in tropical regions.
- The bottom frame with a 15-watt clear bulb that adds more light for the plants and fish.
- Nutrafin Max fish food, Nutrafin AquaPlus and Nutrafin Cycle for cycling the tank thus making it as close to the natural habitat as possible.
- A thermometer and a fish net – water temperature is an important issue especially when keeping tropical fish used to living in warm waters. The net is useful for taking your fish out when cleaning the aquarium or in case you want to get rid of any food debris.
- Care guide – perfect for beginners to learn about basic fish care , but advanced users also find it useful and interesting to look through.
The Hagen company offers help with all your claims within 24 hours of submitting while it is also possible to register online to receive quicker and better support and extend the basic warranty.
- Dimensions – 8 x 16 x 10 inches ( 8 inches long x 16 inches wide x 10 inches tall
- Weight – 12 pounds
- Material – glass tank with a lid
Marina Style Aquarium Compared to Other Similar Products
Whether you are shopping for a new pair of shoes or a new aquarium, it is good if you can choose from a variety of items to find the product that best suits your personal needs. As there are many 5 gallon aquarium kits on the market , it may take some time until you find the best one. The Fluval Spec Aquarium 5 Gallon comes with different dimensions than the Marina Style Aquarium, the former being longer and with aluminum trim. Both are made of glass, with powerful filters that may be too strong for some fish species. The Marina Style Kit has incandescent lights that most fish experts try to avoid because it causes the water to become unstable or they heat too much. Although the Fluval 5 Gallon Aquarium comes with 37 LED Lighting System, some users claim that it is not strong enough to grow plants. On the other hand, both aquariums are well designed for offices, schools and homes. The Fluval aquarium kit does not however contain the same items such as the Marina aquarium, the net, thermometer, fish food and care guide for beginners. Both items are easy to set up, and can be positioned easily on any surface. If you like to watch your fish at night , the Fluval Spec Aquarium comes with the night mode blue light that illuminates the fish perfectly. With both aquariums you might have to perform some minor adjustments or changes to the pumps or the lights, but generally speaking, both items are perfect homes for goldfish and some plants.
- Excellent quality filters and a good pump.
- Good hood made of high quality material and easily removed for cleaning.
- Clear tank glass.
- Bottom frame so the tank does not touch the surfaces and you can easily clean it.
- The noise generated by the filter may seem too much to some people.
- The lights – most people prefer LED lights.
Most customers agree that this aquarium kit is excellent for those starting a fish tank as well as for people who want a safe place for their fish, snails and even frogs. The most important thing that is stressed by customers is not to put too many fish in the tank because that can harm your pets. Users are happy with the design, the glass quality and the fact that this small tank fits nicely on office desks and in bedrooms. Most complaints are about the lights , but when you do some research you realize that most small aquariums come with similar issue. One user sums it up by saying that the Marina Style Aquarium has been used for three months without any major problems and with water changes once a month and some light adjustments, the aquarium is a great home for his fish.
Verdict – Why Choose Marina Style 5 Glass Aquarium Kit?
First of all , it is perfect to get familiar with aquarium keeping especially for children. It is a complete aquarium kit with everything you need to start with, it works properly for such a small tank and if you do not have high expectations from a starter kit, you will be satisfied . If you need new friends in your kitchen that will silently swim in virtual tropical waters and remind you of the ocean, then you should definitely get this fish tank , or give it to someone as a gift. The best thing is , with the Marina Style Aquarium your office or home will not only look great , the miniature aquarium with goldfish can develop your business representing a strong feng shui element known to attract happiness.