Before you purchase an aquarium you’ll want to make sure that it’s going to work for everything that you need it for. So I’m going to attempt to provide all of the information that you might want to know before you choose this one.
Ease of Use
This aquarium is actually quite simple to use. Because it includes nearly everything you need to get started you can unpack the tank, fill it up with water and add the water additives that are already included with the package. You want to make sure you wait at least 24 hours for the additives to circulate so that your water will be comfortable when you add the fish. After the 24 hours you’ll be able to slowly add the fish into the water. Install the filter, Nutrafin AquaPlus, Nutrafin Cycle and light (which are also included with the tank) and your tank will stay clean and bright for your fish. You can also add gravel, plants and other decorations to your tank.
- There is no explicit warranty on this tank though you can request one from the manufacturer.
- Tank is great for fish of all types but is not at all intended for turtles as they grow too large far too quickly.
- Great tank for small areas or for children’s rooms because of its small size.
- Fish are recommended to have 1 gallon of water per 1” in size.
- Tank filter works quietly so you can keep this tank in a bedroom.
- Fish food
- Water pump
- Water conditioner
- Water chlorine neutralizer
Optional Accessories Not Included
- Air pump
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 20 x 12 Inches
- Weight: 21 Pounds
- Size: 10 Gallons
- Filter operates very quietly without excessive vibrations
- Small size, does not take up much room
- All inclusive tank helps you get started fast
- Because the light that is included is a universal one it’s a little big to sit tight to the tank
- Light is a little dim to really see the fish the way you’d want to
There are other tanks similar to this one in size, some of which include additional components. This tank is very good overall in comparison however, because the additional components are all useful, whereas some of the other tanks come with decorations or gravel instead of water additives and a net. It also has a great price overall.
Overall this tank has received a number of positive reviews. Being made of glass it is much sturdier and resistant to scratching than most beginner tanks. It also has a moderate size that makes it good for different types of fish or more fish. With the addition of some plants, decorations and gravel it looks great very quickly and in any room.
All in all this is a good little tank. It is large enough to comfortably hold several fish (depending on the type of fish) and contains everything you need to get started for a reasonably low price. Reviews seem to suggest that this is a good quality tank and that it will hold up very well for a long time.